Purpose of Role:
To deputise for the manager when required to:
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to vulnerable adults with mental health issues, incorporating forensic mental health, personality disorders, brain injury and / or learning disability.
- To empower people to live as independently as possible with appropriate levels of support.
- To provide leadership and management support to the team to ensure that they deliver a high quality, Service User inclusive service that is cost effective.
- To work within React Support Services Ltd’ service standards and promote our values.
- To deputise for the Home Manager when required, to implement the requirements of the relevant legislation relating to a registered service.
- To support the Manager to assess, plan, implement, monitor and evaluate individual’s placements and take appropriate action in response to changing need.
- Lead good practice and ensure an excellent service is provided to the people we support.
- To support the Manager and undertake the administrative requirements of the service.
- To undertake a key-worker role.
- Ensure people have opportunities to be actively involved in the community.
- Ensure people are in control of the support they receive through the use of person centred approaches.
- Ensure people have opportunities to provide feedback and be listened to.
- Empower colleagues and staff by providing coaching and development opportunities.
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of all is monitored and maintained whilst ensuring people have opportunities to take planned risks.
- Support the Manager to maintain financial and administrative records and provide this information when required.
- Represent the values of React in dealings with external agencies and individuals.
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Share On-Call responsibilities with the Home Manager.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties but a guideline to indicate the main areas of responsibility and is subject to periodical review to meet operations needs and following consultation with the job holder.