Senior Support Worker
Purpose of Role:
To affect support within the service and to provide a positive role model and leadership to encourage a high standard of care and support that recognises choice, dignity, privacy, self-worth, respect and community participation.
- To develop person centred support by working effectively as part of a key-working team to meet the needs of the people we support.
- Have a sound working knowledge of forming, implementing and reviewing individual care plans which helps them identify their needs / aspirations and achieve their goals.
- To ensure and develop the physical, emotional and cultural well-being of all individuals.
- To initiate and to maintain contacts and enable individuals to take part in community activities.
- To actively liaise and co-ordinate with individuals’ families and friends in a way that promotes and encourages open communication and feedback.
- To network effectively and professionally with Professionals (Doctors, Nurses etc.) in the lives of people we support.
- To encourage as part of a team to promote individual rights and independence whilst creating opportunities to develop daily living skills.
- To support individuals to identify how they want to spend their money and support them to do so if necessary.
- To enable the people we support to access the community which may include holidays, outings and appointments.
Communicating and Sharing Information with Others:
- To work effectively as a team leader and actively promote teamwork and team building which involves taking part in hand-over and contributing / leading to agenda / discussions at staff meetings.
- To establish and maintain positive and effective relationships with family members and the public so that the aims and values of the organisation are upheld and the image of the company is paramount.
- To maintain appropriate and accurate records in respect of finances, incidents and accidents, care plans, reviews and other systems in place.
- To raise any concerns regarding individuals and the service (including health and safety issues and the building itself) with the appropriate people.
- To work within React Support Services’ Policies and Procedures in a professional manner at all times.
- To actively promote the React Support Services Ltd’ Equal Opportunities Policy with respect to both people we support and staff, whilst actively challenging discrimination accordingly.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality with regard to individuals, React Support Services and other staff members.
- Ensure that your practice meets React Support Services’ quality standards.
- To have a commitment to personal development including undertaking mandatory training and actively participating in regular support and supervision and appraisal.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties but a guideline to indicate the main areas of responsibility and is subject to periodical review to meet operations needs and following consultation with the job holder.