Purpose of Role:
To provide to the people we support on a day to day basis a high standard of care and support that recognises and encourages choice, dignity, privacy, selfworth, respect and community participation.
- To promote person centred support by working effectively as part of a key-working team to meet the needs of the people we support.
- Have a working knowledge of forming, implementing and reviewing individual care plans which help them identify their needs / aspirations and achieve their goals.
- To ensure the physical, emotional and cultural well-being of all individuals is identified and promoted.
- To work actively to maintain contacts and enable individuals to take part in community activities.
- To actively liaise with individuals’ families and friends in a way that promotes and encourages open communication and feedback.
- To liaise actively and professionally with Professionals (Doctors, Nurses etc.) in the lives of people we support.
- To work as part of a team to promote and encourage individual rights and independence whilst creating opportunities to develop daily living skills.
- To support individuals to identify how they want to spend their money and support them to do so if necessary.
- To enable the people we support to access the community which may include holidays, outings and appointments.
Communicating and Sharing Information with Others:
- To work effectively as a team member and actively promote teamwork and team building which involves taking part in hand-overs and contributing to agenda / discussions at staff meetings.
- To establish and maintain positive and effective relationships with family members and the public so that the aims and values of the organisation are upheld.
- To ensure that the appropriate and accurate records are kept in respect of finances, incidents and accidents, care plans, reviews and other systems in place.
- To raise any concerns regarding individuals and the service (including health and safety issues and the building itself) with the appropriate people.
- To work within React Support Services’ Policies and Procedures in a professional manner at all times.
- To actively promote the React Support Services Ltd’ Equal Opportunities Policy with respect to both people we support and staff, whilst actively challenging discrimination accordingly.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality with regard to individuals, React Support Services and other staff members.
- Ensure that your practice meets React Support Services’ quality standards.
- To have a commitment to personal development including undertaking mandatory training and actively participating in regular support and supervision and appraisal.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties but a guideline to indicate the main areas of responsibility and is subject to periodical review to meet operations needs and following consultation with the job holder.